Toasted Pastillas: Strawberry Flavor
Pastillas is milky, sticky and sweet made from basic mix of milk and sugar. One of the best and delicious Filipino dessert that is fun to eat. Speaking of fun, how about making it more fun by adding a flavor and a twist. Here is toasted strawberry pastillas.
Benefits of Milk and Sugar of Pastillas:
Milk – According to the National Dairy Council, Milk is packed with 9 essential nutrients that support our health:
- Calcium: strengthens healthy bones and teeth; preserves bone mass.
- Protein: acts as a source of energy; creates / repairs muscle tissue.
- Potassium: that helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Phosphorus: helps reinforce bones and produce energy.
- Vitamin D: helps on maintaining bones.
- Vitamin B12: maintains healthy red blood cells and nerve tissues.
- Vitamin A: helps to maintain the immune system and helps to maintain normal vision and skin.
- Riboflavin (B2): converts food into energy.
- Niacin: metabolizes sugars and fatty acids.
Sugar – can have many positive effects on your life.
Skin health: Glycolic acid from sugar can be very useful in maintaining your skin’s health and appearance. Using it can help remove defects and restore the balance in the oils of the skin.
Minerals and nutrients: The ingredients of sugars in their structure are passed on to them from their natural sources, sugarcane or beet. In industrially refined sugar, elements such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium will not be strongly present.
For more visit our website. [click here]