Flour: Polvoron Main Ingredient
Health Benefits of Different Types of Flour – You may choose to bake with a different type of flour to enhance your food’s health benefits. For example, whole wheat flour bread provides better nutrition than refined grain bread. But not all the flour can be interchanged. Until you make a switch, it’s important to know how to use your flour.
- All-purpose flour – enriched white flour is made from a mixture of hard and soft wheat and is the most user-friendly because it has a smoother texture than whole wheat flour. Self-rising flour is also an all-purpose flour that has been added with a leavening agent. Although it is easy to use all-purpose flour, it is an enriched grain. For increasing our fiber intake, health experts recommend replacing enriched grains with whole grains as often as possible.
- Whole wheat flour – is made of the whole kernel of wheat. It produces bread that is often lighter in fiber and nutrients but lower than bread made from enriched meal. While some conscientious eaters do not like the consistency of baked goods made from this harder flour, the health benefits are greater than those of the refined and lighter types.
- Cake flour – has a fine consistency and is commonly used in light baked goods such as cookies and cakes. In starch, it is higher and in protein, it is lower. According to the Wheat Foods Council, one cup of cake flour can be made by measuring 1 cup of all-purpose flour extracting 2 cups of flour and replacing it with 2 cups of cornstarch.
- Semolina – is made from durum and hard wheat with a higher content of protein and gluten than other varieties. Semolina is widely used to make pasta and couscous in different types. This is not a good meal to be used to make bread. It is also not a good choice for people who have a low carbohydrate diet or who are sensitive to gluten.
- Almond flour – is often used for low carbohydrates or gluten-free cooking. This meal is a good replacement for low-carbohydrates dietitians and those who follow a gluten-free diet, but it is high in fat.
If you want to know about Elber’s Food Products. Just click here