The Benefits of Pastillas
We all know that pastillas are one of the delicious and the best dessert in the Philippines, but did you know that pastillas also good for your health? Let’s see the 2 main ingredients of pastillas that contain health benefits:
According to the National Dairy Council, Milk is packed with 9 essential nutrients that support our health:
- Calcium: strengthens healthy bones and teeth; preserves bone mass.
- Protein: acts as a source of energy; creates/repairs muscle tissue.
- Potassium: that helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Phosphorus: helps reinforce bones and produce energy.
- Vitamin D: helps in maintaining bones.
- Vitamin B12: maintains healthy red blood cells and nerve tissues.
- Vitamin A: helps to maintain the immune system and helps to maintain normal vision and skin.
- Riboflavin (B2): converts food into energy.
- Niacin: metabolizes sugars and fatty acids.
Sugar can have many positive effects on your life.
Calorie content: Sugar has a high content of calories that will give the body fuel you lack. All that energy, however, is short-lived and can only give your short bust of higher productivity. Because sugar contains four calories per gram, it lacks nutritional value (no dietary fibers) and because of that, in many meals, sugar is just an added ingredient.
Skin health: Glycolic acid from sugar can be very useful in maintaining your skin’s health and appearance. Using it can help remove defects and restore the balance in the oils of the skin.
Less refined: Sugars consist of nothing but natural ingredients that our metabolism can digest quickly.
Minerals and nutrients: The ingredients of sugars in their structure are passed on to them from their natural sources, sugarcane or beet. In industrially refined sugar, elements such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium will not be strongly present.
Elber’s Food Products is selling Pastillas we also sell Adobong mani, Peanut butter, Fried dilis, and Polvoron.
If you want to buy our products and know more about us, please visit our website [click here]